Old March 13th 12, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Howdy & what is

It's one of the best antennas I ever used in over 50 years
of hamming. I've had wires, towers and beams, but the
R7 was great! I never considered it a compromise. If you
do have problems with it, just google it and you can get
all the information you need to fix it quickly and easily. You
shouldn't have problems though. I set mine up according to
the manual and it worked perfectly for a number of years until
I moved into a senior's lodge and coudn't take it with me.

Irv VE6BP

"K5RIX" wrote in message

Hey y'all - I'm new to this web site. I have an old Cushcraft R7
vertical antenna that's going up one more time. It was new in '92 and
got took down by a tree in a tornado storm in '96 in Zion, IL. I fixed
it up and it spent the next five years above my mom's garage in Rocky
River, OH. I took it down and it's been mothballed since. It's going
up again because I cannot decide between other antennas. It is most
definitely a compromise, but I do not contest or compete, and the ground
here on the gulf coast is pretty salty, so I'm giving her another try.

This is so much fussing. I really need the two meter yagi up and
running.

I wish y'all every one the best.

--
K5RIX