Old July 13th 03, 03:26 PM
Mac

Default Bearcat BC 145XL repair

Have you measured the voltages on the voltage regulator I.C.? Might be a
good place to begin since it is running too hot. A short within the I.C.
itself can cause that.

StoneAgeMan wrote in message
t...
Hi,

Does anyone know where to get a service manual/schematic for the Uniden BC
145XL. I tried emailing Uniden but got no reply on it.
I believe it is the same scanner as the Cobra SR900.

The unit I have was in storage for about 10 years. When power was applied

it
briefly flashed 'LOCKED' and then died. The voltage regulator is getting

way
hot and some of the larger electrolytics look corroded, but I would prefer
to trace the circuit rather than do a 'shotgun' repair.

Any help kindly received,

Sholtz.

inbox at sholtz dot port5 dot com