Old May 4th 05, 09:05 AM
Rick Frazier

Alex:

If you use insulated wire to make up the ladder line, it doesn't matter
quite as much if the wood dowels conduct a little when wet... On the
other hand, why not use 1/2" drip line tubing? It's easy to cut, not too
bad to drill, and if you cut little v-shaped notches to the drill holes
(or punch them) you can just "snap in" the wire. There's a fellow that
sells ladder line made this way (insulated wire snapped into dripline
tubing spreaders) and it works great. He also sells G5RV antennas so a
search on G5RV may net you the guy... (Don't remember at the moment, and
am in the middle of an endless move from a large house to a small rental
while we build the new QTH. Not fun, and my time is extremely limited
for the next week or so at least...)

Thanks
--Rick AH7H

Alex AG0Z wrote:

I'm installing a temporary V antenna with a 600 ohm ladder feed about
50 ft in length. Anybody have experience using 6" wood dowels as
separators? What happens when it rains?