Old October 21st 04, 04:26 PM
Crazy George

Randy:

I noticed nobody answered question 1.

When the original Ringo was introduced, performance reports were all over the map. Some worked fantastically well,
others fantastically poorly. It was finally discovered the difference was due to mast and feedline radiation.
Sometimes the lengths were right to radiate well, other times, the antenna radiation was canceled by unwanted from the
support and feed. So, the radial kit was added. Four radials just over a quarter wave (20 inches seems to work well),
but I don't recall the exact position on the antenna. Just below the feedpoint seems right, but I defer to CushCraft if
you can get the location from the Ranger II manual.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address
"Theplanters95" wrote in message ...
I was recently given a Ringo Ranger. I downloaded the manual and found out
that I'm missing a radial kit. Is it needed? How can I cheaply home brew the
radial kit?

Randy ka4nma