Old October 3rd 12, 06:56 PM
Robertlee Robertlee is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hall View Post
On 30 Jun 2004 19:31:00 -0700, (Totalrod) wrote:

Dave Hall
wrote in message ...

Ah! the 452, a nice Uniden based radio. I had a couple of 152's (the
23 channel version of the same basic radio). The meters are fairly
common between the many makes which use those older Uniden chassis.

Unfortunately, they do tend to stick when they get older. It might
have something to do with surface corrosion or otherwise tarnishing of
the needle bearings. Sometimes you can remove the meter, take the
plastic lens off of the front, and adjust the little brass screw that
controls the tension on the bearing. You have to be real careful
though as it is extremely easy to mess it up. Sometimes you can get it
to work again, but it's been my experience that the repair is only
temporary and it will act up again.

You might check with a local shop. They might have replacement meters
for those things.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Thanks Dave.
I'm not much of a technician, but replacing a broken meter seems
pretty straight forward. Just one more question. In your opinion, do
you think the meter on this website will work as a replacement?
http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/meters.htm
The meter I'm looking at is: WV23-M1. At $6, the price is right. Not
to mention it looks almost identical to the original. If it'll work,
I'll probably get 2 of them. The second one will go into my Cobra 77X
which is basically the same radio as the Realistic TRC-452. Please let
me know what you think.

The Robyn WV-23 was a Uniden based radio, and the meter was virtually
identical to what was carried forward on your TRC 452. So it should be
almost an identical fit. And you're right, the Cobra 77X is an
identical Uniden chassis to the TRC-452, so the meters are also
similar.

Dave
"Sandbagger"
http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Hi I came across this thread looking for a 3 pong power cord for my TRC 452 I just got. It has the box, antenna cord, all manuals and papers. Looks to have been used very little if at all. But it is missing the power cord. Can anyone lead me in the right directions for the right replacement? Thanks, Rob