Old April 16th 04, 12:03 AM
Irv Finkleman

f=lbo=rn wrote:

Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody else made some experiences (good or bad) with
the R7 cushcraft vertical antenna. I bought such an antenna second-hand
some days ago, but never used a vertical antenna for HF before.

vy 73 de Lorenz
--
Fritz Lorenz Born, HB9DTN
E-Mail: f=lbo=rn@sw=iss=onli=ne.=ch

I picked one up used. I checked out all the mechanical
connections in the traps, then set it up according to instructions manual
and am terribly pleased with it. I did arrange for the 40 meters to
be set to the low end where I operate, other than that, I get great
results with it using QRP. If you do a Google search you will find that
some people have experienced problems, but nothing that can't be fixed
using the information available on the net. I have mine sitting on a
12 foot piece of pipe just to lift the radials over the garage roof.

Irv VE6BP
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001