Old February 13th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] Doug Smith W9WI[_2_] is offline

Default Weird CW on 333 kHz

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 07:20:13 -0800, cadillac_eldorado wrote:

Has anyone else been hearing this Morse code on 333 kHz lately? It's
been on the last four days now. I'm new to CW and SWL, but when I
tune in this frequency, I think what I'm hearing is this:

What does that mean? It's just repeated, over and over, all day
long. Any ideas?

It's an air navigation beacon. (though I'm perplexed by the presence of
*four* characters "AUSH" - all beacons I'm aware of have 3 letters. I
wonder if you were tuned to the "wrong" side and hearing "inverted" Morse
- where the spaces were marks & vice-versa?)