Old September 20th 06, 10:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Andrew VK3BFA Andrew VK3BFA is offline

Default ARC-5 Tuning Shaft Adapters

wrote:
Does anyone have or can they direct me to a couple of "splined"
tuning shaft adapters that fit the ARC-5 Command Set receivers?
I'd like to adapt some of the ganged variable capacitors from
those sets into some homebuilt equipment...lovely antibacklash
gear reduction on them.

Hi Len,
nope - rare as rocking horse manure. I machined ones from brass rod -
receiver end, a press fit on the splines, other end, quarter inch for
knob.

Andrew VK3BFA.