Old September 3rd 10, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] arthrnyork@webtv.net is offline

Default What is the Best Direction to 'Point' a Sloper Antenna for DX ?

On Sep 2, 5:21*pm, "Brian Gregory [UK]" wrote:
wrote in message

Palomar's currently sold 9:1 transformer is good only for a longwire,
but not for T2FD.

How can that be?

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Because the presently made MLB-1 by Palomar Engineersis a UNUN for a
longwire. The older transformer which I used (may have the original
instruction paper somewhere) was a true BALUN. To build a T2FD we must
use a balun, since it is a broadband dipole.