Old November 5th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
RFI-EMI-GUY RFI-EMI-GUY is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

Bryan wrote:
Ralph Mowery wrote:
RFI-EMI-GUY wrote:
I have same model unit with same exact problem. Yest it does regulate the
temperature. I haven't figured out the display problem either and the
thermistor in the iron seems to "ohm out" properly. Let me know what you
find. I never could find schematics for it. I used it just today on a PIC
project. Shame to throw it out, but I would like to read the temperature.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT

I found several schematics for different models. Never did find the one
that matches mine. I opened it up and it seems there is a ceramic board
with surface devices on it. Almost no user replicable parts. Atleast for
my skill level. I was hoping it would be the discrete parts. I can work
with them. Oh well, it was free and is a good soldering iron even without
the display. I do have a couple of spare parts for it also.

de KU4PT

Hi Ralph,

In my surfing, I found this reverse-engineered service manual for the
EC2002: http://www.geocities.com/bswadener/t...er_EC-2002.pdf or
http://tinyurl.com/5ff6qx (PDF, 372 KB). It may be of use to you and
others.

vy 73,