Old November 6th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Highland Ham[_2_] Highland Ham[_2_] is offline

Default weller EC2002C soldering station

wrote:
On Nov 4, 11:09�am, highlandham wrote:

On the topic of Weller soldering irons , I would appreciate info on the
following :

At a fleamarket I acquired a Weller soldering iron with a DIL16
de-soldering pad (very handy to remove ICs with up to 16 pins.
However , the heater element (Weller part nr 24410 , 24V-50W) is
defective (open circuit)
By Googling I haven't been successful finding a US supplier for the
heater element.
Can someone on this NG please help with US supplier info ( in the hope
the cost of a replacement element will not make it necessary for me
having to talk to my bank manager).

TIA for any advice

Frank � � GM0CSZ / KN6WH- Hide quoted text -

Hello Frank

Do you have a model number for the iron? If so, what is it?

It is a Weller ECP 24V-50W iron (with a DIL 16 de-soldering bit)

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH