Old September 20th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Harold E. Johnson Harold E. Johnson is offline

Default ARC-5 Tuning Shaft Adapters

Len Anderson wrote :
Not being a machinist I was hoping someone would come up
with the correct words to describe the splined whatsis so that
I could haunt a few mechanical parts suppliers for something
that would mate smoothly with it. I tried some copper tubing
(pressed over splines) with marginal success (several
diameters, easy to get at do-it-yourself stores for various
small water piping uses) but those bend rather easily. [it's not
too swift when one's home machine shop consists of a Big Lots
table top drill press...:-) ]

Len, today is your lucky day. I have ONE splined whatsis, the tuning knob
that was included in every maintenance kit for the BCxxx series. Steel with
a heavily knurled 1/2 inch knob.

Send me your snail mail address, pretty sure I'm not going to be using it.

W4ZCB