Old October 23rd 04, 02:10 AM
William

ospam (Theplanters95) wrote in message ...
I was recently given a Ringo Ranger. I downloaded the manual and found out
that I'm missing a radial kit. Is it needed? How can I cheaply home brew the
radial kit?

Randy ka4nma

Randy, I was once give a Ringo with the hairpin match and top part.
It had been through several typhoons and such. Anyway, I couldn't get
it to match as designed, so I gave it away. The ham I gave it to
threw away all of the extra stuff, and just used the bottom half of
the antenna and the ring "o" part. Worked great.

Don't give up if the radials are missing. You might be able to use
just the bottom half.

bb