Old November 1st 04, 11:43 PM
Kasper Vibe Grevsen

Default Microstrip PCB antenna for 2.4 GHz WLAN

Hello HAMmers

I want to build an internal WLAN antenna for my notebook computer to be
placed in the screen.
The available space is 163 x 12 mm. A quarter wavelength at 2442.5 MHz is
30.7 mm. I haven't been able to find much info about microstrip design so I
hope you might be able to give some suggestions as to a good design.

I have thought about 'stretching' a bi-quad to fit the dimensions, but then
the angles cannot be 90°. Would that be a problem? Can you suggest a better
design to try? This is my first antenna design so please bear with me if
these are beginner questions.

Thanks

--
Kasper