Old June 28th 05, 01:33 PM
Steveo

Vinnie S. wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 01:11:31 -0400, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:

So ... I have an older CB - Cobra 21 LTD Classic with weather stns
etc. ... a 102" Shakespeare Antenna - 18' of cable - and this

What makes you think 18 feet of coax is even a half wave?

At 27.185 MHz (ch 19) a half wave is 17.21 feet.

At 66% velocity factor, an electrical half wave is 11.36 feet.

At 77% velocity factor, an electrical half wave is 13.25 feet.

What's so special about a half wavelength of coax?

The Mobile antenna websites practically tell you to keep the coax at 18
feet, or else. I thought that was true, until numerous people at this
group and several websites said that is nonsense.

Have you ever heard from the coax length police? Real sticklers when it
comes to that.