Old November 27th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] mcclements@gmail.com is offline

Default Does an UnUn decouple an antenna from the feedline?

On Nov 27, 1:53 pm, Highland Ham
wrote:
Where would you locate a 1:6 unun ? I am eager to learn.
I also have Jerry Sevick's book :'Building and Using Baluns and Ununs'.
It is a treasure.

The balun I am going to use is the one from the book "Transmission
Line Transformers, Fourth Edition" Section 8.2.2: 50:300-Ù Unun.
http://www.cwsbytemark.com/ sells it 69.95$, which is pretty fair
considering it comes in an alum. enclosure. I have the Buckmaster
commercial OCF ($$$$$) and I have never really been too happy with it.
I want to build myself a new version and also I have a bunch of people
I am trying to get started in the hobby and in my opinion, this is a
good starter antenna for HF.

-Scott, WU2X