Old December 27th 04, 06:08 PM

It is more likely that you either did not have the correct ATC freqs,
or the Pro82
that you had was defective. Ilive about 15 miles from the Lexington
Bluegrass
airport and I have no trouble receiving ATC and even the low power
field utiltiy trucks/equipemnt/people on my ancinet Pro34. With the
stock antenna.
With a old RadioShack diskcone, the one without the center "stinger", I
can monitor airports in a 30 mile range.
At 12 floors up you ought to get a perfect signal. Even with other
buildijng between you and the airport, you shouldn't have any trouble.
An diskcone on you balcony ought to open up lots of reception
posibilties.
The only other thing I can think of might be a stong local signal that
is overlaoding yoru front end. I have a friend who lives 1/2 mile fro
the LFUC
police transmitter, 1/4 mile from 2 different paging towers. Even he
can
receive very well when all 3 are quite. And is pretty obvious whne his
sanner is being overloaded. Hard to sdicribe, but the garbled speach is
a givaway.
Terry