Old January 27th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
GHB GHB is offline

Default 60's Early 70's CB Those were the best days of CB Radio

Yes I remember. I got my first 5 watt CB in 69 which was a TRC-18 Realistic
Mobile. Back in those days Realistics were good radios. I too lived in
Oklahoma close to the OKC metro and after moving out of state a while have
returned here. I was first introduced to CB radios at a late 60's family
gathering in Platt National Park which you surely know was on the south side
of Sulphur. We used to get up on that high bluff overlooking Sulphur with
walkie talkies and could easily make contact with local stations. Who
knows, we may have "rachet jawed" a little.
Scorpio
"Eddie Collins" wrote in message
Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's. Back in 1967 when I was a
kid I was living in New Jersey at Mcguire Airforce Base and I would go

over
to the Army Mars Radio Station at Fort Dix and the Guys would let me play

on
the CB Radio and was fun I traded something to one of those guys for a 5
channel Globe Star CB Base Mobile CB. I put up a Mobile antenna on the

Roof
where i lived. I could talk about 20 or 30 miles with that setup, later I
moved to Sulphur Oklahoma in 1968 My dad bought a Hallicrafters CB 19

with
6 Channels and a 23 channel tune receiver and a Hy-Gain CLR 2 Omni base
antenna range was good where i lived... Those were the best days of CB

Radio

Eddie