Old October 30th 05, 07:02 PM
Tim Shoppa

Default BFO, CW, sideband question

Scott wrote:
My "new" TS-690S doesn't have a TUNE position. The manual says to tune
for a tone frequency of 800 Hz (or whatever you have the "CW Tone"
frequency programmed into the radio). My question is how the $#@% do I
know when I have an 800 Hz tone coming out of my radio?

The sidetone you hear when you key down is going to be pretty close
to the 800Hz offset you need. So just tune the other guy until he
sounds roughly the same note.

Do they really
expect me to have a freq. counter hooked up to the speaker?

Gees, give guys a 8-digit frequency counter and they think they
have to be tuned to 1Hz to work somebody else. Most of my rigs
had more than 800Hz of chirp when I bought them :-).

Tim.