Old September 14th 05, 05:23 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Buy a couple of beatup Command sets or other mil surplus and salvage. You
can always get 455Kc IF xfmrs from old tube radios. Making your own is too
much work, so salvage and spend that extra time on making a better radio.
hi hi

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Tim Shoppa" wrote in message
ups.com...
Are the big old-fashioned IF transformers-in-a-can available
anywhere anymore? I want to make a receiver, probably double
conversion,
which would mean that I'd want several each of the 50kHz and some
higher frequency (455kHz likely).

Are these things that can be made from scratch without a lot of
difficutly? I can wind coils etc. but don't
have any transformer slug-tuned cores.

Tim KA0BTD