Old September 26th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
NS NS is offline

Default Programming Bearcat BC898T

That cable is not compatible with BC898, also there is much better software
check
out Scancontrol or ARC898

"Good Ol Dad" schreef in bericht
Thanks for the reply and where would one find a copy of Scancat Lite
Plus as you recommend?

Thanks for the info...............

Sure is, but first you need Radio Shack Part 20-047 USB serial
programming cable, and a copy of Scancat Lite Plus, or similar
software. It is much slower but you can also do it by hand! which will
take some time, you can also look around on the web as there are many
sites that show you how to build your own programmer cable.

I use my Radio Shack 20-047, to program some of my ham radios, and
even a couple commercial radios.

Hope this helps,
Walter kg4bvd

Good Ol Dad wrote:
Hi All,

Is the BC898T fairly easy to program ? I live in SW Florida and we
have numerous agencies I want to include. Trunk tracking is a little
confusing to me.

Thanks in advance for all assistance.