Old March 16th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO

Default In-the-Attic : Terminated "Twisted" Folded Dipole (T2FD) - Think Twisted -not- Tilted !

Ok, Thanks for the good links.

If you explain the twist..... so I can understand. I don't think you
are telling me to just build a T2FD and make the feed point horizontal.
You are telling... Ok, I think I got it... So the loop will actually
go thru a 180 degree spin I think. is what you are telling me.

Yes, biggest problem was that roof wasn't high enough the last time I
was up there. I can stand up in it no prob and last weekend daughter's
BF and I laid a 24" wide path of plywood down the full 45 foot length.

Ok, I'll give this a try and see how it works out. I got some #43 ring
cores that I was going to build a 4:1 balun on. I may get bored one
day and fire up a transmitter into this setup, so I'll wind a few turns
on it so I don't smoke it.

thanks again
Bob