Old January 6th 05, 10:43 AM
Gary

On 5 Jan 2005 16:57:56 -0800, "Cecil Moore" wrote:

Gary wrote:
Thanks Gary. I hadn't heard of a "center fed Zepp" before either and
your description of them being end fed and hanging down from airships
of WW2 correlates with what I'd heard.

The Zepp is an end-fed 1/2WL antenna. The Double Zepp is a center-fed
one wavelength antenna. An Extended Zepp is a 5/8WL end fed antenna. An
Extended Double Zepp is a 10/8WL center-fed antenna.

Thanks Cecil and to all who responded, I think I'll just put up a
center fed dipole and feed it with twinlead or ladder line and then
use the 4:1 balun in my antenna tuner.

73 Gary