Old September 20th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
safemale safemale is offline

Default ARC-5 Tuning Shaft Adapters

you mite be about 50 years late
good luck
seel a used arc5 recver on ebay
ken uhrick
On 18 Sep 2006 21:03:02 -0700, "
wrote:

Does anyone have or can they direct me to a couple of "splined"
tuning shaft adapters that fit the ARC-5 Command Set receivers?
I'd like to adapt some of the ganged variable capacitors from
those sets into some homebuilt equipment...lovely antibacklash
gear reduction on them.

Been trying to search the 'web (at the usual suspects such as
Fair Radio, Toronto Sales, etc.) but no joy. Yes, I know that
some consumer radio plastic knobs will fit, but those also
break very easy making the MTBFs very low indeed.

I would suppose that there is a mechanical description for the
splines and diameters but, alas, I ain't one of those. I've a feeling
that several mechanical hardware suppliers have them in stock.

Will appreciate any info, will trade assorted items for a couple of
metal adapters to metal shafts.