Old October 5th 04, 03:53 PM
Dan Weir

The announcement may be a while in coming, and it's cheerful effects may not
last very long. Have you considered listening to the shortwave Prophets?
Any day in which there is no nuclear war or a planet crashing into the Earth
or a global plague is a good one. It certainly puts a bounce into my step!

Frank Dresser

I get from your posts here that you do not consider Chuck Harder a
raving lunatic. Unfortunately, the record says otherwise.
It was Chuck who claimed that the U.S. government was planning to
intern "patriots" back in the mid-1990's ("Operation Garden Plot");
It was Chuck who, back in early 1995, had a caller on claiming that a
7-mile-wide asteriod was headed for Earth;
It was Chuck who, over and over again for 13+ years, predicted the
collapse of America, followed by riots, arson, anarchy, and what not.
Dude, get the wax out of your ears and LISTEN! That's the problem with
all you Chuck Harder supporters. You've been hypnotized by his
mellifluous, mellow voice, and you simply don't pay attention to what
he actually says on the radio. He's just as bad - worse, in my opinion
- than all those "shortwave Prophets" you cite. You "Chuckies" go gaga
over this bloke, for reasons I can't fathom, and you think he's the
greatest thing since sliced bread. Try telling that to the poor folks
who worked for Chuck in the 1990's - or people like me, who wrote
uncomplimentary things about him and received threats from him in
response.
Try telling that to the hundreds of radion stations who'd had enough
of Chuck, and dropped him after listeners complained longly and
loudly.
Sorry to be so blunt; I'm not blaming you. You may have the best
reasons in the world for supporting Chuck, and you look to him for
support and solutions to your problems. No problem there. The problem
is, you don't allow for the possibility that Chuck may be way over the
top, and that folks like me who point this out may - just may - be
correct.