Old September 13th 03, 03:01 PM
Clint

Dying isn't the correct word, really, I don't think it
really describes what is taking place currently.. I think
the number of transmitters and listeners is down, mostly
I think due to the prevalence of the internet... however,
while it may wane a touch here or there, it will not totally
disappear, as there are many shortwave broadcasters
that still want to reach third-world nations that do not
have the internet access that modern industrialized
nations do. I would think that SW will be around at
LEAST for another decade, inso far as there will still
be SW broadcasters. I love SW and listen to it frequently,
and will continue to do so as long as there are SW
broadcasters.

However, like I said, since some broadcasters still see
a market of one sort or the other in that part of the world
where there isn't much internet access or use of digitalized
or satellite communications, it will still be around for so
many years to come that I think it will be worth it if you
want to invest in a good reciever.

Clint
KB5ZHT

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch,
self proclaimed DEMOCRAT,
SHORTLY after the 9/11 attack-

"...everybody has a right to have thier own
oppinion... ...i'm even a Democrat... ...but
in this time of trouble, we need to show the
world our resolve and we're united, and we
should NOT denigrate the president."

--

Tom Daschle believes in the rich paying taxes....
....um, except for HIMSELF...

http://sibbyonline.blogspot.com/2003...e_archive.html

--

If you sympathize with terrorists & middle eastern tyrants,
vote for liberals...

--

"Jason" wrote in message
Hello all

For a long time I have been interested in Shortwave listening, and I
have noticed on the internet that Digital radio is becoming more
prevalent. Before I go out and invest some money on a quality reciever,
is it safe to assume it is a hobby I can enjoy for years to come, or
will Shortwave be replaced in 5 years by more modern technology?

Thanks for any input,

JM Doiron