Old August 5th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ve3... ve3... is offline

Default Chuck Harder Returns

My Highest Respect to Chuck Harder.He is a Great Guy.
cuhulin

No, he isn't. He is an anti-Semitic, anti-Bush, anti-government,
idiotic, lamebrain, numbskull, moronic, imbecilic, half-witted,
chowderheaded, mallet-headed, nest-headed, paranoid, stupid, infantile,
childish, no-account, lazy, shiftless, crazy, schizophrenic, neurotic,
nincompoop, addlebrained, empty-skull, screwball, wing-nut, whacko,
spaced-out, whacked, drugged, stoned, drunk, weak-willed, effeminate,
fat, ugly, smelly, sweaty, foot-stinkin', gator-rasslin', pickemup
truck drivin', Pabst Blue Ribbon swillin', Thunderbird gluggin',
gun-totin' redneck dude!

Have I left any angry epithets out?

Mel Gibson, eat your heart out! And I ain't even drunk.

.................................................. ..................................................
Further to Abruxis' practicing psychiatry without a licence, I would
take issue with one specific charge: that of Harder being an
anti-semite. Although both Jews and Arabs are Semitic peoples, I take
it that you are accusing him of being anti-Jewish. I don't think this
is true and I would be interested in seeing your evidence for this
statement. I have listened to Chuck off and on for 15 years and I have
never heard him utter any thing anti-Semitic, indeed for some time he
had as a regular guest one Victor Mordecai (as I recall) who discussed
current events from an Israeli perspective. Note that the Iranians are
not a Semitic people: they are Aryans. They even changed the name of
their country from Persia to Iran in the 30's to curry favour with
Hitler: Iran being easier to pronounce in Farsi than Aryan. But I
digress.
The greatest shock I ever had from Chuck's program was on Jan 1,
2000. For the previous two years Chuck had been banging the drums of
Y2K doom and gloom and had been touting generators, a year's supply of
dried food, solar cells, and other disaster products. Many of his
followers spent their last dime on this stuff. When, on Jan 1, nothing
happened, I tuned in to see what Chuck would have to say to his flock.
Nothing. Ne..rien, nada. He serenely cruised through his broadcast as
if none of this had anything to do with him. Pretty shabby, I thought.
Later reflection brought me to the conclusion that considering the
litigious nature of US society, he dare not say anything in fear of
getting the pants sued off him. It is sad that so many listeners hang
on every word of radio pundits and treat their ideas as gospel.
Chuck Harder has many listeners and obviously, many detractors. I
would suggest that the best course of action is to listen to a few of
his programs and make up your own mind. Of course, if Abruxis comes up
with some real evidence, that would change things.