Need 455 / 3035 kHz IF transformer for Hammarlund

Old February 22nd 12, 05:21 PM
Al Schichler Al Schichler is offline
Junior Member

Location: Upstate NY
Default Need 455 / 3035 kHz IF transformer for Hammarlund

I was wondering if anyone might have an extra 455/3035 kHz IF transformer laying around. I believe the part number is M26402-2.
It's used in the HQ-110 (some serial numbers), and I believe the HQ-170/145.

Thanks,
Al, WA2S
Old February 24th 12, 05:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Joe[_10_]

Al,

I don't have a spare transformer to offer, but are you aware that these
455/3035 kc transformers often fail but can be repaired fairly easily?
The internal silver-clad mica capacitor tends to go bad. I've repaired
one in a HQ-145 by replacing the internal mica sheet capacitor with a
dipped silver mica across the transformer terminals on the underside of
the chassis.

GL,
Joe K9LY

Old February 28th 12, 07:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Antonio I0JX

The same problem occurred to me with my Mosley CM-1. The mica capacitor was
embedded in the transformer plastic structure, but paying a lot of care it
was possible to remove it and replace it with an external capacitor.

73

Tony I0JX
Rome, Italy

Old February 29th 12, 05:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
coffelt2

Encountered bad internal caps occasionally in ancient marine electronics.
Often, the bad cap was
nearly impossible to remove cleanly, so a "dirty" trick was to use a long
nose pliers to "crunch"
up the old one until it was history and then add the external replacement as
Tony and Joe described.

Old Chief Lynn

. ..