Reliable RF Amplifier for Robot Antenna Problem

Old March 1st 12, 09:34 PM posted to alt.engineering.electrical,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.engr.electrical
Billy[_3_]

Default Reliable RF Amplifier for Robot Antenna Problem

Hi, it's me again. Does anyone know of a good reliable RF amplifier for the
433 MHz range? We need a gain of roughly 20 dB. We want to use it to amplify
our received signal from the beacon. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS We realized the thing about rotating the mesh was not an issue. Thanks
for the replies to that Paul and Helmut.

-Billy Maier

Old March 1st 12, 09:48 PM posted to alt.engineering.electrical,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.engr.electrical
Helmut Wabnig[_2_]

On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:34:27 -0600, (Billy) wrote:

Hi, it's me again. Does anyone know of a good reliable RF amplifier for the
433 MHz range? We need a gain of roughly 20 dB. We want to use it to amplify
our received signal from the beacon. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS We realized the thing about rotating the mesh was not an issue. Thanks
for the replies to that Paul and Helmut.

-Billy Maier

depends where you are situated,
look for something like that
http://tinyurl.com/7bmqw6q
broadband amplifiers, they are cheap and you do the filtering
by making a selective antenna.

Narrowband amplifiers are a little more expensive
http://www.minikits.com.au/eme173.htm

w.
Old March 2nd 12, 05:00 AM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy[_3_] View Post
Hi, it's me again. Does anyone know of a good reliable RF amplifier for the
433 MHz range? We need a gain of roughly 20 dB. We want to use it to amplify
our received signal from the beacon. Thanks in advance for any help.

PS We realized the thing about rotating the mesh was not an issue. Thanks
for the replies to that Paul and Helmut.

-Billy Maier
Cheapest solution would be a television UHF pre amplifier.
The goal being the one with the lowest noise factor and the most gain - while filtering out anything that would cause overload.

Without a physical address - where I could see what else is in the neighborhood - there is no way for sure to answer your question.
Anything from Police stations to ambulances to fire stations to GMRS and Amateur repeaters might create harmonics which could get into your amplifier and cause overload.

Here is a cheap solution - http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...mplifiers&sku=
Old March 2nd 12, 01:45 PM posted to alt.engineering.electrical,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.engr.electrical
dave

http://www.minicircuits.com/products...ow_noise.shtml