Emerson Model 32 dial reproduction

Old March 17th 12, 01:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann[_2_]

Default Emerson Model 32 dial reproduction

I somehow can never seem to get the pics in the proper order... but they
should be obvious which is A and which B. I think I've done a pretty decent
job reproducing the destroyed dial, with my limited experience and
facilities.

I am, however, open to constructive criticism.

Old March 18th 12, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
hifi-tek

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message
I somehow can never seem to get the pics in the proper order... but they
should be obvious which is A and which B. I think I've done a pretty
decent
job reproducing the destroyed dial, with my limited experience and
facilities.

I am, however, open to constructive criticism.

Very nice job Brenda Ann. What did you use for the dial material?
Tom

Old March 18th 12, 03:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann[_2_]

"hifi-tek" wrote in message
m...

Very nice job Brenda Ann. What did you use for the dial material?
Tom

The dial material(s) in this case are some dial phenolic that I bought from
Mark Oppat's site which is serving as the solid back surface, and a sheet of
plastic transparency with the reconstructed dial face laser printed and
glued onto it with Scotch 77 spray adhesive.

I do it this way because I don't have a means to print directly to the
phenolic. I hope that someday I can find a way to do that, as it would make
things so much easier. On the other hand, when done this way, if the dial
face becomes too scratched or faded, it would be simple to print another
transparency and replace it.

Old March 18th 12, 07:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Tom Biasi[_2_]

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 12:00:18 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

"hifi-tek" wrote in message
om...

Very nice job Brenda Ann. What did you use for the dial material?
Tom

The dial material(s) in this case are some dial phenolic that I bought from
Mark Oppat's site which is serving as the solid back surface, and a sheet of
plastic transparency with the reconstructed dial face laser printed and
glued onto it with Scotch 77 spray adhesive.

I do it this way because I don't have a means to print directly to the
phenolic. I hope that someday I can find a way to do that, as it would make
things so much easier. On the other hand, when done this way, if the dial
face becomes too scratched or faded, it would be simple to print another
transparency and replace it.

Brenda,
Quite a nice job. You can get transfer material that can be laser
printed and allow you to transfer the work without the need for glue.

Tom