galaxy 959 or cobra 148gtl ???

Old March 28th 12, 06:46 PM
eurus10 eurus10 is offline
Junior Member

Default galaxy 959 or cobra 148gtl ???

thinking of getting an ssb cb which is best and why tnx tom
Old March 29th 12, 01:21 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore[_2_]

eurus10 wrote:
thinking of getting an ssb cb which is best and why tnx tom

6 of one, half another a dozen of another.

The more toys in the radio, the more there is to break.
Stay away from the soundtracker 148s.
Don't waste money on "tune-ups"

Join cbtricks. This forum is dead.
Old March 30th 12, 11:34 PM
Channel Jumper Channel Jumper is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in Baltimore[_2_] View Post
eurus10 wrote:
thinking of getting an ssb cb which is best and why tnx tom

6 of one, half another a dozen of another.

The more toys in the radio, the more there is to break.
Stay away from the soundtracker 148s.
Don't waste money on "tune-ups"

Join cbtricks. This forum is dead.
Truthfully - the 148 GTL isn't bad for what it is.

I actually like some Import radios such as the Connex or a unmolested Ranger 2950...

As Scott has said - the golden screwdriver has ruined more radios then it fixes.
Old March 31st 12, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore[_2_]

I actually like some Import radios such as the Connex or a unmolested
Ranger 2950...

My 2950 turned all the way to the left, into a 2x455 driving a 4x2879; feeding my
102" stainless whip kicks big bad butt on 10 meters! In the middle of contests,
someone will stop for a moment and ask, "you're a mobile?" Happens every contest!

I've busted some serious pile-ups since the 10/11 meter bands opened in September.

I've logged 180 contacts for March and I haven't really spent a lot of time doing it.

Cobra 148GTL-DX Venom CB 0 May 30th 05 01:10 AM
Cobra 142 GTL and 148GTL moi Scanner 1 December 9th 04 04:28 AM
f/s cobra 148gtl Jerry Scanner 0 November 9th 04 08:41 PM
Cobra 148GTL oldgit CB 2 April 3rd 04 10:50 PM
cobra 148gtl michele CB 1 October 26th 03 06:56 PM