Old May 13th 17, 09:46 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Pixie 40m PCBs ???????

Thought to try one of the cheapie Pixie 40m rigs for china.

One ebay site offered 10 for 20 quid.

So, in for a penny, in for a pound ..

They arrived today after 3 weeks

But ... no instructions, particularly as to which capacitor
is which.

Anybody got the instructions for these?

TIA

Old May 13th 17, 10:04 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 13/05/2017 21:46, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Thought to try one of the cheapie Pixie 40m rigs for china.

One ebay site offered 10 for 20 quid.

So, in for a penny, in for a pound ..

They arrived today after 3 weeks

But ... no instructions, particularly as to which capacitor
is which.

Anybody got the instructions for these?

TIA

Do you want a set of tuning instructions for a PA as well?
Old May 14th 17, 08:22 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
Thought to try one of the cheapie Pixie 40m rigs for china.

One ebay site offered 10 for 20 quid.

So, in for a penny, in for a pound ..

They arrived today after 3 weeks

But ... no instructions, particularly as to which capacitor
is which.

Anybody got the instructions for these?

TIA

what do you need instructions for?..one socket is for the key and one for
headphones.....the plastic JUMPER thingy you pull out of the top on later
models gives you the choice of built in sidetone buzzer or none ...but then
again if you have passed all three exams you SHOULD know what sidetone is
but some don't ...the battery is not polarity conscious on the later designs
like mine..use a pp3 9v..the wee fiddly trimmer thing tunes the receiver
away from the 7.023 Mc/s xtal Fx RIT ......all part of Continuing Amateur
Development ...not for the professional radio ham as they talk a lot and buy
thousands of pounds worth of jap gear for their shack....some even have
photographs of themselves at the key.....I have mentioned the pixie twice in
the past but all people want to do on her is have bounce ups....you connect
your 40m twig to the BNC socket...the thingy with the two sticky out pin
thigs on the side of the tube .......

Old May 14th 17, 08:50 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news

"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
[...]

oh you meant assembly instructions...sorry

Old May 14th 17, 09:11 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
news
"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
[...]

Where do you put the crib sheet?
--
;-)
..

Old May 14th 17, 11:46 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Thought to try one of the cheapie Pixie 40m rigs for china.

One ebay site offered 10 for 20 quid.

So, in for a penny, in for a pound ..

They arrived today after 3 weeks

But ... no instructions, particularly as to which capacitor
is which.

Anybody got the instructions for these?

TIA

There are quite a few different versions of Pixie, mine were Ver.4.3 - £3.75

This is what I used.
https://pa3ang.nl/wp/wp-content/uplo...structions.pdf

HTH

Old May 14th 17, 07:31 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

nobody is interested ...

Old May 14th 17, 09:15 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 14/05/2017 19:31, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
nobody is interested ...

I have a cunning plan for if we must be hamstringed by the Fools'
licence scheme then by starting them off with these as a construction
project and getting their Morse interest going for something
they themselves made, then we can counteract the CBisation
brought in by the reayish 3-tier fiasco and set the seed corn
for them to be _REAL_ radio amateurs with enthusiasm for CW QSOs.

Old May 14th 17, 09:20 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

You're ****ing mental. Bro'.

--
Troll alert! This was not me.
Old May 15th 17, 03:57 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 5/14/2017 4:20 PM, Jerrу Stuckle wrote:
On Sun, 14 May 2017 21:15:51 +0100, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:

On 14/05/2017 19:31, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
nobody is interested ...

I have a cunning plan for if we must be hamstringed by the Fools'
licence scheme then by starting them off with these as a construction
project and getting their Morse interest going for something they
themselves made, then we can counteract the CBisation brought in by the
reayish 3-tier fiasco and set the seed corn for them to be _REAL_ radio
amateurs with enthusiasm for CW QSOs.

You're ****ing mental. Bro'.

Troll alert! This was not me.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address

Milling of PCBs? gareth Homebrew 5 November 16th 17 05:32 PM
RF Filter PCBs [email protected] Shortwave 19 November 8th 07 03:12 PM
RF Filter PCBs [email protected] Equipment 0 November 3rd 07 04:54 AM
AR88s and PCBs Bri Boatanchors 30 November 3rd 05 10:05 AM
Making PCBs Dick Homebrew 7 February 3rd 04 01:56 AM