Old March 11th 04, 01:46 AM
Jeff Seale

Default Fax reception problem - slanted output

I don't know if this is a problem limited to SeaTTY, but when I use it for
fax reception my pictures come out slanted and way off center (nothing
Corel PhotoPaint can't fix though). I've got SeaTTY set for 100 LPM and 288
IOC. Are these the right settings? Could this even be a radio issue?

Jeff
DXing from KY

73s
Old March 11th 04, 03:24 AM
Jeff Seale

"-=jd=-" wrote in
03:

I stumbled across the following with a Google search...

************************************
Web Addy: http://www.dxsoft.com/seatty.htm

"-||-" button is used to rotate image horizontally if image
is not synchronized properly. Click to this button, then
click to point of image which should be moved to left side of
image (start of line). Click on "Save" button to save changed
image.

"-/|\-" button is used for slant correction. Vertical lines
of received image are slanted when sound card sampling
frequency difference from nominal one. Slant , at first, fix
received image and, at second, calculate real sampling
frequency to avoid slant distortion in future receiving.

To make slant correction you need to have received image in
receiving window. Receiving shold be stopped. Find a line
whish should be vertical on an image. Click on the slant
correction button. Click on the start of this line, then
click on the end of this line. SeaTTY will ask if it must
save calculated sampling frequency to the ini-file. Select
"Yes" to apply changes and save calculated frequency to ini-
file. Select "No" to apply changes, but not save calculated
frequency to ini-file. At least, click "Cancel" to cancel
changes. Click on "Save" button if your want to save changed
image.

************************************

There was more information on that page that may help you
with the prog.

-=jd=-

:O
Geez! I coulda' figured that one out myself, oh well. How many other
former Mscan users have you heard from that had this problem. Mscan was
so easy to set up for fax reception, but it was too rich for my blood.
Old March 11th 04, 06:31 AM
WShoots1

You should have, as part of the initial setup, some sort of Slant Adjust. It
adjusts the signal to your computer clock. Or vice versa.

120 LPM is the most commonly used. I see nothing in my LPM list for 100.

My list shows the standard IOC to be 576. 288 is used by only some services.

My info is ten years old and I'm only now getting ready to put in the updated
FAX software and hardware for Windows 98.

73,
Bill, K5BY