Old December 26th 04, 06:36 PM
Robert11

Default Acars Program PDW2 Help

Hello:

Have been trying to get the Acars program, PDW2, to work.

Would sure appreciate it if anyone using it (successfully) would be willing
to give me a few hints here, or offline, on what I'm probably doing wrong.

Have tried just about everything I can think of.

Thanks,
Bob

Old December 27th 04, 01:01 AM
Robert11

Hi,

Yes, it is supposed to do the same as the Wacars program.
I now have my radio set for 131.550 MHz AMc (the Wacars works fine at this)

Will look at your suggestions, and post results.

Happy holidays.

Thanks,
Bob

----------------------------

"dxKing" wrote in message
In article
"Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Have been trying to get the Acars program, PDW2, to work.

Would sure appreciate it if anyone using it (successfully) would be
willing
to give me a few hints here, or offline, on what I'm probably doing
wrong.

Have tried just about everything I can think of.

Thanks,
Bob

That program might just be for VHF type ACARS ,
For HF I'm using PC-HFDL unsupported free version. look at this page:

http://www.qsl.net/g4hbt/cars.htm
towards the bottom It gives HF freqs (im having success on 11315 khz USB
right now)
and says to use PC-HFDL

BE SURE to select the correct RECORDING INPUT on Your soundcard control
panel.