Old March 9th 12, 01:48 AM
vir vir is offline
Junior Member

Default 9870 KHz - All India Radio

I am very new to this hobby. I would really like to listen to 9870 KHz All India Radio. I have a Kaito WRX-911 which I bought from Amazon and it doesn't really receive the signal. I was only able to hear the station for 5 second once and it was very very weak. I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Can you please suggest a radio which will work best for my purpose.

Thanks,
vir
Old July 3rd 12, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

If you can not get streaming audio from the web
http://allindiaradio.gov.in/

I would suggest that you install a good outdoor antenna to try to
improve reception or purchase an amplified antenna.. I think that
that radio has an external antenna jack.

Check out a store like Universal Radio on the internet.

On 3/8/2012 6:48 PM, vir wrote:
I am very new to this hobby. I would really like to listen to 9870 KHz
All India Radio. I have a Kaito WRX-911 which I bought from Amazon and
it doesn't really receive the signal. I was only able to hear the
station for 5 second once and it was very very weak. I live in Los
Angeles, CA.

Can you please suggest a radio which will work best for my purpose.

Thanks,
vir

All India Radio (AIR) on 9.425 MHz via Bangalore, India RHF Shortwave 0 October 21st 05 06:13 AM
Unid 9870 KHz 1400 GMT DesignGuy Shortwave 7 December 3rd 04 03:02 PM
9870 KHz 1400 GMT Unid. DesignGuy Shortwave 1 December 3rd 04 06:40 AM
All India Radio A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 31st 04 06:21 PM
New Zealand on 9870 at 1700? tommyknocker Shortwave 3 December 28th 03 12:42 AM