Old September 9th 03, 05:44 AM
P.A.

Default NEW Sony ICF-SW7600GR + Service Manual CD - $148.95

New Sony ICF-SW7600GR + Service Manual CD-ROM for sale at a fixed
price (no bidding) - $148.95:

The radio has never been removed from its box. It is NOT refurbished
or remanufactured. And unlike some other Sony radios on ebay, this one
is not a grey market product and comes with full US warranty until
August 2004.

The bonus CD ROM contains, among other things, searchable PDF copies
of the multi-lingual Operating Instructions (242 pages), and the
Service Manual (26 pages, includes full color schematics, parts list,
disassembly instructions and much more).

Thanks for looking

pa
Old September 9th 03, 09:42 AM
DeWayne

"P.A." wrote in message
om...
New Sony ICF-SW7600GR + Service Manual CD-ROM for sale at a fixed
price (no bidding) - $148.95:

The radio has never been removed from its box. It is NOT refurbished
or remanufactured. And unlike some other Sony radios on ebay, this one
is not a grey market product and comes with full US warranty until
August 2004.

Would you please post an example of a 'grey market' Sony on Ebay? Thanks!
DeWayne

Old September 9th 03, 08:12 PM
P.A.

DeWayne,

It would seem to me that the radio on sale here is a grey market one:

Why?

1. The ad does not say anything about the radio's warranty - the word
warranty does not even appear, even though the radio is "brand new in
box". Grey market radios do not have US warranty, and retailers
selling such radios often skip talking about it all together.

2. The seller's business is located in New York, which is where a lot
of grey market electronics from Asia end up ... (not just radios, but
also cameras, camcorders, ...).

Regards,

pa

Old September 10th 03, 07:50 AM
DeWayne

Thanks for the info. The price doesn't seem that great IMO. I've seen
7600GR's for less than $140 new.
DeWayne

"P.A." wrote in message
om...
DeWayne,

It would seem to me that the radio on sale here is a grey market one:

Why?

1. The ad does not say anything about the radio's warranty - the word
warranty does not even appear, even though the radio is "brand new in
box". Grey market radios do not have US warranty, and retailers
selling such radios often skip talking about it all together.

2. The seller's business is located in New York, which is where a lot
of grey market electronics from Asia end up ... (not just radios, but
also cameras, camcorders, ...).

Regards,

pa

. ..

Old September 11th 03, 06:26 AM
P.A.

Would you please let me know where can I find a 7600GR with full US
warranty for under $140?

Thanks
pa

(please see http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3045942276 )

Old September 11th 03, 08:13 AM
DeWayne

I don't know about the warranty, but you can check these out:
http://bizrate.lycos.com/,mss__cat_i...gr%20Sony.html

Be careful! I don't know how legitimate these dealers are. Anyone know?
DeWayne

"P.A." wrote in message
om...
Would you please let me know where can I find a 7600GR with full US
warranty for under $140?

Thanks
pa

(please see

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3045942276 )

"DeWayne" wrote in message

. ..
Thanks for the info. The price doesn't seem that great IMO. I've seen
7600GR's for less than $140 new.
DeWayne

FCC: Broadband Power Line Systems Paul Policy 0 January 10th 05 06:41 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 03:51 PM
Brand New Sony ICF-SW7600GR + Service Manual on CD -- $153.95 P.A. Shortwave 4 August 27th 03 09:53 PM
Price Drop: Sony ICF-SW7600GR + Service Manual on CD-ROM P.A. Shortwave 0 August 21st 03 02:46 AM
FS: Brand new Sony ICF-SW7600GR + Service Manual on CD P.A. Shortwave 0 August 18th 03 02:22 AM