Old December 7th 03, 05:06 AM
Burr

Default ACLU Upset at Marines

ACLU Upset At Marines

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the

Marines
pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying. The
incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the

corps, and it
has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius

Traveler,
a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time.

For them
to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this

in the
bud immediately." When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack
Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up

a bit), "Screw
the ACLU.

Old December 7th 03, 07:24 AM
Bob

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 05:06:55 GMT, Burr
wrote:

ACLU Upset At Marines

If you look closely at the picture above, you will note that all the

Marines
pictured are bowing their heads. That's because they're praying. The
incident took place at a recent ceremony honoring the birthday of the

corps, and it
has the ACLU up in arms. "These are federal employees," says Lucius

Traveler,
a spokesman for the ACLU, "on federal property and on federal time.

For them
to pray is clearly an establishment of religion, and we must nip this

in the
bud immediately." When asked about the ACLU's charges, Colonel Jack
Fessender, speaking for the Commandant of the Corps said (cleaned up

a bit), "Screw
the ACLU.

dont recall seeing this on the 'onion' website. poor fabrication...
---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field

check my blog at:
http://www.bobview.blogspot.com/
Old December 7th 03, 01:30 PM
Diverd4777

I have often thought the ACLU has outlived its usefulness.
When they started suggesting using Decoy cops were a violation of Civil
Liberties
( To Rob Drunks & Cripples, I Suppose)
I gave up on them.
The ACLU Is an organization looking for a purpose.

Old December 7th 03, 02:47 PM
Stinger

Unfortunately, the ACLU found a purpose. It is very clear that their agenda
is to secularize American society.

I don't always agree with the populist views of Bill O'Reilly, but he is
exactly right about the ACLU being an assembly of left-leaning hypocrites.

When you see several of their actions (or inactions) on the same page, their
agenda is obvious.

Naturally, there will be some that discount the story because it came from
FOX (and is an opinion piece by O'Reilly), but FOX is just about the only
outfit that I've seen that doesn't look the other way while the ACLU pursues
their agenda.

-- Stinger

Old December 7th 03, 07:07 PM
Bob

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 08:47:09 -0600, "Stinger"
wrote:

Unfortunately, the ACLU found a purpose. It is very clear that their agenda
is to secularize American society.

wrong. their purpose is to ensure govt. remains secular.

the govt is not society. they havent filed a single lawsuit against a
private entity regarding religion.