Old September 19th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default KNX 1070 exhibits severe motorboating at night

On Sep 18, 7:13 am, David wrote:
Apparently the selective fading bug manifests during very mild fades,
unnoticeable before 9-14, but very prominent and distracting since.

I'm about 40 or so miles from the transmitter and the night signal is
definitely compromised.

I was listening to KNX on my car radio last night aound 9:30-10:00pm
local time. I heard nothing unusual and expereienced no problems.
This was about 400 miles away in San Jose, California.

Old September 20th 07, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 01:43:35 GMT, Telamon
wrote:

In article . com,
" wrote:

On Sep 18, 7:13 am, David wrote:
Apparently the selective fading bug manifests during very mild fades,
unnoticeable before 9-14, but very prominent and distracting since.

I'm about 40 or so miles from the transmitter and the night signal is
definitely compromised.

I was listening to KNX on my car radio last night aound 9:30-10:00pm
local time. I heard nothing unusual and expereienced no problems.
This was about 400 miles away in San Jose, California.

KNX broadcasts an IBOC crap signal so unless you have a receiver that
has upper or lower side band selectable sync it should sound OK in AM
mode or sync that is not exclusive to one side band.

Selective fading causes the IBOC sidebands and the warbling pilot or
whatever it is to be audible. As the station fades a little bit the
noise comes up fast and the warbler starts. Selective fading is
especially brutal where the ground wave and the sky wave meet out of
phase with each other.