Old February 18th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Programbo

Default Cobra 25LTD Classic tune up

I have an old (Aug 1991) 25 LTD Classic someone just gave me and it all
works except it`s just factory stock in everyway and doesn`t put out
worth a damn...I`ve been away from the game so long I`ve lost all my
notes on the various tricks to tune it up beyond swapping out the final
and driver..Clip this..change that...?...Maybe some of the old timers
who remember me and know I`m cool can lend a hand..Send me an e-mail if
you want to avoid the trolls who`ll turn this into an anti-keyclown
thread

Old February 19th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Programbo wrote:
I have an old (Aug 1991) 25 LTD Classic someone just gave me and it all
works except it`s just factory stock in everyway and doesn`t put out
worth a damn...I`ve been away from the game so long I`ve lost all my
notes on the various tricks to tune it up beyond swapping out the final
and driver..Clip this..change that...?...Maybe some of the old timers
who remember me and know I`m cool can lend a hand..Send me an e-mail if
you want to avoid the trolls who`ll turn this into an anti-keyclown
thread

www.cbtricks.com

It's easier to leave it stock and run it into a small 2 pill amp.
They sound better that way.
Old February 19th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Programbo

They sound like crap stock..No modulation..With a 2 pill it would still
sound like crap just much louder

Old February 19th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Professor

Are you crazy... that unit can be made to have tremendous modulation.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old February 19th 06, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Programbo

Are you crazy... that unit can be made to have tremendous modulation

Was that directed at me or Scotty?..They way Google displays the
posts it came out under mine so I`m not sure....I actually said that it
sounds like crap and has no modulation BEFORE you do anything to
it..I`m very aware it can be made quite loud and proud with the right
tricks

Old February 19th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

Programbo wrote:
They sound like crap stock..No modulation..With a 2 pill it would still
sound like crap just much louder

OK. I've got one on the shelf. I don't use AM only radios.
I know it works. I tried it once.

Anybody make an offer for it. Shipping would be actual postage from 212..

I should clean up this Uniden PC76XL and get that off my shelf, too.
Also a TRC-422 and a TRC-422A just sits and sits.

I'm not sure if I should sell the Regency Range Gain, Lafayette LMS-40,
Midland 76-858, and forget about my 2950.

I spent good money on the LMS-40 to get it repaired because some dork
had tried to put extra channels in it and had really butchered it.
I'd have to sell that one for at least $100. It's in good shape externally.

I also have a lightning struck 148GTL. The owner said it's DOA.
I'm not going to bother testing it. His A99 was toothpicks in the yard!

DONTSPAMME is every other letter in my email addy. Remove that to reply.
Serious inquiries only. Leave a phone number in the email for call back
and give a time referenced to a timezone to call on my dime.
Old February 20th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave

Hello All:

I am hearing that many guys are addeding in another modulation IC, and
Modulation transformer to double the audio power, allowing a higher
carrier power to be 100% modulated.

Jay in the Mojave

Old February 20th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
james

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:40:53 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

+Hello All:
+
+I am hearing that many guys are addeding in another modulation IC, and
+Modulation transformer to double the audio power, allowing a higher
+carrier power to be 100% modulated.
+
+Jay in the Mojave

******
The carrier in Double Sideband Full Carrier Amplitude Modulation
should remain constant during modulation. If not, then you have a far
greater problem.

james
Old February 21st 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave

james wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:40:53 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

+Hello All:
+
+I am hearing that many guys are addeding in another modulation IC, and
+Modulation transformer to double the audio power, allowing a higher
+carrier power to be 100% modulated.
+
+Jay in the Mojave

******
The carrier in Double Sideband Full Carrier Amplitude Modulation
should remain constant during modulation. If not, then you have a far
greater problem.

james

Hello James:

No thats not how AM works. The Modulation increases and decreses the
amptitude during Modulation. Thats how double sidband full modulation
works. Look in a old ARRL Book.

Jay in the Mojave
Old February 21st 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Scott in Baltimore

******
The carrier in Double Sideband Full Carrier Amplitude Modulation
should remain constant during modulation. If not, then you have a far
greater problem.
james

Hello James:

No thats not how AM works. The Modulation increases and decreses the
amptitude during Modulation. Thats how double sidband full modulation
works. Look in a old ARRL Book.

Jay in the Mojave

Jay, I respectfully disagree.

An AM carrier doesn't change, just sidebands are added in the mixing (modulation)
process, and the instantaneous voltage shown on an o-scope will be 4 times greater
then the carrier power itself. Since the audio added is 50% of the carrier, the
RMS power will be 150% of the unmodulated carrier. The peak to peak voltage is
greater. Put a 1000 Hz tone on a signal and look at it on spec-an.

(make sure to do this test with an unmodified radio, "swing kits" ruin proper AM)

FS: Cobra 29 LTD Classic (parts radio) $12.00 Penske PC27B CB 0 September 5th 05 03:26 PM
Cobra 25LTD Classic Professor CB 11 July 20th 05 11:50 PM
Cobra 25 LTD classic vs 29 LTD classic Alex CB 1 October 9th 04 06:22 AM
Cobra Classic 29 Ltd, anyone have one? Greg CB 2 August 18th 04 02:36 AM
Cobra 25 WX LTD Classic mic squeal Chris CB 3 June 26th 04 08:26 PM