Old September 28th 03, 08:31 PM
Larry Johnson

Default FS: E. H. Scott RCH HF Receiver Spare Parts Kit

I picked up a complete spare parts kit for an old WWII E. H. Scott Navy
Model RCH HF Receiver at an estate sale. It appears to be complete, and
looks like it would be enough to just about make a complete spare
receiver! It has a service manual, tubes, coils, capacitors, etc. etc.
I'm guessing that the factory shipped out these spare parts kits to
military service depots as part of the contract when they sold receivers
to Uncle Sam.

Based on responses on several newsgroups, I'm offering it for $150 plus
shipping. It's all in a factory, metal box, about the size of a toolbox,
and is
well organized, completely full, and packed tight. It doesn't look like
much of anything has been used, except for a couple of parts taken out
of boxes to see what they look like. I can send a .jpg picture to anyone
interested.

Thanks,
Larry

Here's a picture of a complete RCH receiver in WD8BIL's shack (thanks,
WD8BIL!):

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/wd8bil/boatanchor.html