Old January 1st 05, 11:51 PM

Default FS: Tono Theta 777 stand-alone multi-mode RTTY terminal unit TU

For sale: I have a very interesting piece of equipment for transmitting
and receiving rtty, amtor, cw, and ascii digital data modes.

This is a rare Tono model Theta 777 multi-mode code converter.

What separates this TU from any other is you connect it to any 'dumb
computer terminal' to use as the I/O display!
If you have an old dumb terminal laying around collecting dust, now's
your chance to put it to good use!

The Tono is a microprocssor controlled code converter that
sends/receives data on it's rs-232 port and communicates directly with
any rs-232 terminal. The Tono is completely controlled from the
terminal, or you can run a terminal program and connect it to a pc if
you wish. The unit runs on 12vdc. You will need to supply
an AC adapter, or run it directly off your hf rigs 12Vdc supply.

The unit works flawlessly on every mode, and cosmetically in close to
new condition.
I have a couple of pictures of the unit for anyone interested. Unit
comes in its original box with manual, interface cable, and some pc
terminal software on 3 1/2 and 5 1/4 inch floppys. Again, all you need
is a dumb rs-232 terminal or a terminal program to run this unit.

Some of the specs a

Code: Morse (continental and Japanese CW), ASCII, Baudot, JIS, ARQ
(amtor mode A, L) FEC(amtor mode B) SEL-FEC, bit inversion

Morse 5-100wpm RTTY:12-200 baud (ttl level 12-600 baud)
ARQ/FEC: 100 baud
Input: AF input/TTl input
Output: CW 80ma-200v FSK 80ma-200v afsk (600 ohms) PTT
AFSK output CW 830Hz
Rtty 1275hz(low tone), 2125hz(high tone) shift 170hz, 425hz, 850hz,
variable shift
interface rs232c, ttl level ascii code full-duplex, baudot half-duplex
Input Buffer: 768 characters
Output Buffer: 512 characters
Message Memory:
64 characters x 4 channels. 32 chars x 7 channels. 16 chars x 4
channels.
Power supply: 12VDC, 700ma

I'm asking $70.00/shipped via USPS/Priority/Insured.

Please e-mail me for pictures, or if you have any other questions.
Thanks,

Don Levstik