Old May 22nd 05, 11:54 PM
Jim

Default Mods for 2 radios

Can anybody help me with mods for a Cobra 148 NW ST or an old Sharp CB 2460.
I have looked but cant find anything anywhere.

Thanx

Old May 23rd 05, 02:01 PM
HarryHydro

I have the Cobra. Cool radio. Love the display. What you need to
know?
Hydro

Old May 23rd 05, 02:27 PM
Sir_Oblivion

"Jim" wrote in message
Can anybody help me with mods for a Cobra 148 NW ST or an old Sharp CB
2460.
I have looked but cant find anything anywhere.

All I have on the Sharp 2460 is RF adjustment T304, L302, L303. AMC is R112.
Hope this helps.

Old May 24th 05, 11:11 PM
Jim

I am looking for a "peak and tune" mod. What I have found is very vague in
that all it says is "VR10 and VR11. Well, what the hell do I do with VR10
and 11. If I could find a schematic somewhere and some better instructions
then what I want to do is Boost AM power and SSB Power.

Thanx for the reply guys!

Old May 25th 05, 12:29 AM
Vinnie S.

"Jim" wrote in message
Can anybody help me with mods for a Cobra 148 NW ST or an old Sharp CB

2460.
I have looked but cant find anything anywhere.

Thanx

This is a swing mod:

http://cbworldinformer.com/cb_world_961101.htm

Cobra 2000/148 & Uniden Grant XL ALC & AM Modulation Modification

See the schematic and instructions at the bottom of the page

Here is the VR10 and VR11 instructions:

http://www.radiomods.co.nz/grantxl8719.html

AM POWER: VR10
SSB POWER: VR11