Old September 25th 05, 09:14 PM
Sonnich Jensen

Default Antenna for Danish Radio 1062 MHz

Hi all!

I have 2 problems:

I'd to listen to Danish Radio P5, on 1062 Medium wawe.
(http://www.dr.dk/omdr/article.asp?aid=532 og
http://www.dr.dk/pubs/nyheder/html/p.../kortboelge#p5 )

My problem is that my raido (tuner) at home must stand on the side, so the
ferrit antenna is horizontal. Placing it normally, so it is vertical (and
the radio too) it will not get anything. I can connect an antenna.
I have 2 tuners, both have the problem - one old JVC T-10XL (excellent!) and
Philips FT772 (digital). The philips doed not have a ferrit antenna, but a
large coil somehow. Still, placing it on the side makes it work.

In my car it works well too, but when the engine is running, it create so
much noise, that I cannot hear anything but the engine (the radio "ticks",
it must create a signal, or come by the power). It is possible to listen
too, but hard. How can I avoid this noise?
Better antenna? Engine problems? Power problems?
The alarm causes the same :-) When the LED is flashing, it makes so much
noise, that it is not possible to use the radio (with medium wave)

I am listing to all yuor ideas.

PS: send me CC copy, as the neti.ee server does not always get the answers
:-)

Old September 26th 05, 01:24 AM
BillJ

Sonnich Jensen wrote: 1062 MHz

Then it is 1062 KHz not MHz
Old October 3rd 05, 11:50 AM
jodleren

sorry about that - pressed the wrong button

still does not help me with the antenna

Old October 3rd 05, 02:09 PM
Richard Harrison

Sonnich Jenson wrote:
"I`d like to listen to Danish Radio PS, on 1062 Medium wave."

A loop antenna is a good start for better signal to noise in a fixed
location.

The 3rd edition of Kraus` "Antennas" says on page 217:
"The radiation efficiency of a multiturn loop or coil antenna can be
increased by introducing a ferrite rod into the coil as in Fig 7-18."

My Telefunken Opus table radio has such a tuned horizontal ferrite loop
stick to receive vertically polarized waves. Its azimuth is rotatable by
a knob on the front panel for best reception.

External loops are available from many sources for use with your radio.
If one of these is wired to your antenna terminals, only the position of
the external loop need e changed for best reception.

For suppressing mobile noise, consult an expert such as A.A. Ghirardi.

Automobiles now come with fair radio noise suppression, but may have
defects. The car`s engine compartment should be a continuous conductive
shell which traps noise within. All conductors penetrating this shell
must be grounded or they must be bypassed to ground (the car body) with
caopacitors.

Your problem is weak signal and powerful noise. Good luck!

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI