Old January 21st 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default FS: Rare Sanyo RP-8880 Portable SW Receiver

For sale: Sanyo RP-8880 SW portable
receiver. This is a rare model
with dual antennas. Radio is in
working order but the SW section is
dead. This is a common problem
with this model as the FET is prone
to static charges. Instructions on
fix are documented online. Asking
$125 including shipping obo. Sold as-is
for repair or parts.
Old January 24th 11, 01:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Here is actual pic of receiver:

http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/294940.jpg

I will accept $100 including shipping in US for this radio.
Old January 24th 11, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 23, 7:28*pm, LukeP wrote:

Here is actual pic of receiver:

http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/294940.jpg

I will accept $100 including shipping in US for this radio.

Now that's one impressive looking radio!

Old January 25th 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 24, 2:51*pm, DEFCON 88 wrote:
- - On Jan 23, 7:28*pm, LukeP wrote:
- - Here is actual pic of receiver:
- - http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/294940.jpg
- - I will accept $100 including shipping in US for this radio.

- Now that's one impressive looking radio!

Sort of looks almost like the new Grundig Satellit 750 Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0750.html
except that the Grundig has a Digital LCD Display ~ RHF
Old January 25th 11, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 24, 5:51*pm, DEFCON 88 wrote:
On Jan 23, 7:28*pm, LukeP wrote:

Here is actual pic of receiver:

http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/294940.jpg

I will accept $100 including shipping in US for this radio.

Now that's one impressive looking radio!

Key word is 'impressive' . From what I gather (it has been almost 30
years since) it has two IF bandwiths . Not heavy at all, despite it's
size (very big) . As far as I know, this was their flagship portable
in the early 80's !

Old January 26th 11, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 23, 7:28*pm, LukeP wrote:

Here is actual pic of receiver:

http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/294940.jpg

I will accept $100 including shipping in US for this radio.

Now that's one impressive looking radio!

Key word is 'impressive' . From what I gather (it has been almost 30
years since) it has two IF bandwiths . Not heavy at all, despite it's
size (very big) . As far as I know, this was their flagship portable
in the early 80's !

The 8880 was only produced in 1978, though it was being sold new for
several years after that. Think of an RF-2200 on steroids, using the
same crystal calibration marker that made frequency measurement
fairly accurate on the RF-2200. Same rotatable MW antenna, only
bigger on the 8880. The 8880's "Achille's heel" was an easily-
blown FET and that wasn't a problem with the cheaper, and easier
to service, Panasonic RF-2200s and Sony 5900Ws.
Old January 27th 11, 06:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 23, 7:28*pm, LukeP wrote:

Here is actual pic of receiver:

http://www.eham.net/data/classifieds/images/294940.jpg

I will accept $100 including shipping in US for this radio.

Now that's one impressive looking radio!

Key word is 'impressive' . From what I gather (it has been almost 30
years since) it has two IF bandwiths . Not heavy at all, despite it's
size (very big) . As far as I know, this was their flagship portable
in the early 80's !

The 8880 was only produced in 1978, though it was being sold new for
several years after that. Think of an RF-2200 on steroids, using the
same crystal calibration marker that made frequency measurement
fairly accurate on the RF-2200. Same rotatable MW antenna, only
bigger on the 8880. The 8880's "Achille's heel" was an easily-
blown FET and that wasn't a problem with the cheaper, and easier
to service, Panasonic RF-2200s and Sony 5900Ws.- Hide quoted text -

It was huge, more comparable in size to the Grundig's Satellit 3000
line . At that time Sanyo was the 3rd largest in popularity Japanese
brand ...

Old February 22nd 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Jan 23, 7:28*pm, LukeP wrote:

[...]

brand ...- Hide quoted text -

A lot of folks report getting an 8880 with a blown FET. Result:
Reduced
sensitivity. Otherwise it's pretty equivalent to an RF2200. Both are
outstanding for MW DX.

Mike