Old July 16th 04, 11:18 PM
Chris

Default Extra channels on JC Penney 6247

I have a JC Penney 6247, which is like the Colt Black Shadow SSB radios. It
has channels up to 28 MHz and down to 26.455 MHz. The problem is that it's
really difficult to tune it for all the channels. I end up losing power on
the high and low end. If it's tuned to span the entire bandwidth better, I
lose power on the entire band down to 8 or 9 watts SSB. I did a mod on a JC
Penney 6241 (completely different) that fixed this completely. I removed one
of the rf transformers where there were 2 in series. I don't remember the
rest of the details on it as it has been a very long time ago. I did the
same thing on a President Washington. Does anyone remember how this is done?