Old July 17th 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Default arn6

hello ,having finished my adventures with th nm52a that works well now:I
receive uhf trafic from aircrafts,also lots of stations around 430 mhz,and
of course the portable telephones around 960mhz,now I go mugh lower in
frequencies,really longwaves with an arn6 that was sitting
(and sleeping)unused in my garage since 20 years....
I have started to make it work,the result of the first day is that it
works.I have found how to power it,I use a strong 24v dc supply already used
for others surplus receivers.It works it seems on the 200khz-400khz band,I
get several cw stations ,I have found how to use the antenna input,where to
connect the loudspeaker (I use a ls3).But I was unable to change the
frequency band ,and to make the bfo work.I have found the complete
manual,but the scanning is very poor,and difficult to read,zooming does not
make things better...so please all I need are details of the connector at
the rear of the set labeled A to Z,with signal descriptions and
a few details how to use them mainly how to change the received band ,and
the bfo.I will not use it on a plane,and usually most of the time I think I
know how to go home :-)))but it is a nice receiver,and it can be used after
converters.
Thanks and 73 F1gqb
--
Alain Nierveze