Old June 23rd 11, 12:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Metal Clad mica capacitor size?

Looking for physical dimensions of metal clad mica capacitors such as
Unelco/Semco/Underwood types. CCI has them listed as types J101 and
3HS0006. I need the smallest physical sized ones (100pF) for a 902 MHz
amp conversion. I emailed CCI, but thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks all,

N0EDV
Old June 23rd 11, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jun 23, 4:08*am, Scott wrote:
Looking for physical dimensions of metal clad mica capacitors such as
Unelco/Semco/Underwood types. *CCI has them listed as types J101 and
3HS0006. *I need the smallest physical sized ones (100pF) for a 902 MHz
amp conversion. *I emailed CCI, but thought I would ask here as well.

Thanks all,

N0EDV

RF Parts has J101's listed, and the page at http://www.rfparts.com/caps_metalcase.html
shows the size (bottom of the page). J602 is quite a bit smaller than
J101...

If you want "small," you might consider ceramics from American
Technical Ceramics. The ATC 800 R series could possibly give you what
you need, in a small package. These are specifically designed for
very low RF ESR and low ESL, and ability to transfer heat out to the
terminations. I suppose Johanson has similar parts; I just happen to
be more familiar with the ATC parts.

Cheers,
Tom
Old June 27th 11, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jun 23, 7:08*am, Scott wrote:
Looking for physical dimensions of metal clad mica capacitors such as
Unelco/Semco/Underwood types. *CCI has them listed as types J101 and
3HS0006. *I need the smallest physical sized ones (100pF) for a 902 MHz
amp conversion. *I emailed CCI, but thought I would ask here as well.

Mica capacitors may be a little more traditional (and I see them in
UHF app notes still)... but I can't see any reason to not use a modern
microwave-type porcelain or glass cap here.

e.g. http://www.atceramics.com/pdf/prod_select(4).pdf

N3QE

copper clad steel merlin-7 Antenna 5 March 23rd 07 01:16 PM
Where to buy large area copper clad boards in Canada? rile Homebrew 11 January 30th 07 10:02 PM
Hallicrafter S-40B IF Transformer Silver Mica Capacitor Values ??? Steven P. Burrows Boatanchors 5 June 9th 06 11:43 PM
Silver Mica vs Mica Caps Z.Z. Homebrew 7 July 24th 05 05:10 PM
Where do I buy large surface area single copper clad board in UK (or even US) Richard Homebrew 9 January 20th 05 12:47 AM