Old November 22nd 03, 10:15 PM
M.M.

Default WTB: 2M/70cm Base Antenna

Looking for a 2M/70cm base antenna. Prefer a Diamond or a Comet but tell me
whatch got...make, model, condition, price.

73... Mark AA7TA
Old November 23rd 03, 03:59 PM
SummitRT

Thanks for posting the info on this antenna vendor, they have some great items.

Bob
Old November 23rd 03, 04:59 PM
Noon-Air

your welcome :-)

Old November 23rd 03, 09:41 PM
John P Vassel

"Noon-Air" wrote in
:

Try this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0735&category=
4672 or this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...8202&category=
4672

No I don't have an interest in the place, I just ran across these and
am going to purchase one my self.

As someone who now has one of these antennas laying in a heap in his
yard, if you're in an area prone to high winds, I'd think twice. The
antenna was a fine functioning one, but upon an evening of 45-60mph wind
gusts, and a year in the air, it crumpled. From looking at it, I'd say
their cost savings comes from a cheaper fiberglass tubing on the
exterior.

john

Old November 23rd 03, 10:39 PM
Antenna Warehouse

Hello John,

The one you bought back on 05/06/02 is not one of the current models
that we are selling. Sometime back when it was brought to our attention
that the former models of these antennas had wind survivability problems
we changed manufactures. The new manufacture is providing much heavier
duty units that do not exhibit the same problem.

The former models came from he

http://www.ningbo-export.com/prosound

The current models are coming from he

http://www.greaterland.com

If you'll gather up the pieces of the damaged one from the heap and
send them back to us along with a copy of your sales receipt we will see
if we can get it replaced for you.

Tim

Antenna Warehouse
812 South Washington Blvd.
Camanche, Iowa 52730
563-259-0840 M-F 10am-5pm (Central time)
http://www.antennawarehouse.com

John P Vassel wrote:

"Noon-Air" wrote in
:

Old November 23rd 03, 11:48 PM
Arf! Arf!

Hell it is all cheap Chicom crap!

Antenna Warehouse wrote:

[...]

John P Vassel wrote:

"Noon-Air" wrote in
:

Old November 24th 03, 12:14 AM
Ed G.

Hell it is all cheap Chicom crap!

As is some, if not most, of the computer you are using....

Ed
Old November 24th 03, 12:15 AM
Arf! Arf!

Very true...

Old November 24th 03, 12:20 AM
Ed G.

Hell it is all cheap Chicom crap!

For the record, http://www.greaterland.com is not a "Chicom"
product, as you indicate. It is a company in Taiwan, a Democratically
governed company.

Ed