Old July 10th 03, 02:00 AM
WD4LCM

Default World War II - The Wireless War

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 21:56:23 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Terry"
wrote:

Does it play anything free?

There are paid and free options available. If you sign up for the paid
service, you get my station, as well as thousands of other station
encompassing nearly every genre of music, comedy, talk, news, old time
radio, etc. ad-free and without limitation.

The free service gives you about half of the stations - including
mine.

Hopefully, someday I'll be able to put much of it up for download. In
the meantime, the broadcasts are frequently posted on
alt.binaries.sound.radio.oldtime, alt.binaries.sounds.radio.oldtime or
other similar binary groups.

WD 4 LCM @michnews.net (WD4LCM) wrote in message
Humanity's Greatest Achievement / Greatest Nightmare

http://www.live365.com/stations/dr_willie_feelgood

World War II - The Wireless War features approximately 55
chronological hours of newscasts, breaks, speeches, documentaries, and
so forth in order.

The historical value of these broadcasts is immense. While they don't
always offer the exact facts of the battles and politics, as they were
created in the ultimate fog of war, they do offer an unmatched view of
the of the conflict in near-real time - explaining why as well as who,
what, when, where, and how.

As time goes on, I want to pare down some of the redundant material,
as well as adding fact corrections and an analysis of the role of the
various media (radio, newspapers, movies, newsreels, and literature).

If you have any comments, suggestions, resources, or can help me
produce some additional audio or web material, please feel free to get
in touch with me at the link in my website (available via the
Broadcaster's Website link on my station page).

Wireless Innovation Contest - Get your innovation noticed! Andrey Antenna 2 December 19th 04 12:15 AM
Wireless World magazine Adri Homebrew 0 November 30th 04 02:57 PM
VOA - Our World Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 12th 04 12:29 AM
FCC'S Wireless Bureau announces reorganization John Bartley I solved my XP problems w/ Service P Policy 0 November 27th 03 02:26 AM