Old September 13th 12, 02:34 AM
Junior Member

Question Palomar 200-x Linear Amplifier

Hello everyone, I'm restoring a 1974 Palomar 200-X linear amplifier. I have the original schematic, and am in the process of replacing out of spec components.

I need help to figure out where 1 of the components connects to - a 33pf capacitor that goes to one of the relays. I think my relays have been replaced, so the corresponding numbers on the schematic are useless.

Would anyone happen to have one that they could provide a photo of where this components connects to? One side of it is still connected to the 2N2905A transistor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Palomar 200-x Linear Amplifier-relay1.jpg  Palomar 200-x Linear Amplifier-circuit1.jpg
Old September 22nd 12, 05:03 PM
Junior Member

Lightbulb

So, these wires are all original, as can be seen by the wear on them, and the original solder joints. Since the disconnected lead can only reach a few pins, I think that it may belong on PIN #11. I've been suggested to try testing for continuity between PIN #11 and #12; no continuity is what we hope to find, as this should be connected to the Normally Closed (NC) terminal. Does this make sense?
Attached Thumbnails
Palomar 200-x Linear Amplifier-p200x.jpg  Palomar 200-x Linear Amplifier-pro40.jpg

Last edited by HighFreq : September 22nd 12 at 05:24 PM Reason: .
Old October 7th 12, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Palomar 200-x Linear Amplifier

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 16:03:41 +0000, HighFreq
wrote:

So, these wires are all original, as can be seen by the wear on them,
and the original solder joints. Since the disconnected lead can only
reach a few pins, I think that it may belong on PIN #11. I've been
suggested to try testing for continuity between PIN #11 and #12; no
continuity is what we hope to find, as this should be connected to the
Normally Closed (NC) terminal. Does this make sense?

|Filename: P200X.jpg |
|Download: http://www.radiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=887|
|Filename: pro40.jpg |
|Download: http://www.radiobanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=888|

The wire going to the transistor is the input for the receive pre-amp.
At least that's what it appears to be. So you are correct in it being
attached to a NC terminal per your schematic.

If you look at your schematic you'll see that there is one connection
between relay 1 and 2. Now look at your picture of
relay 1. You'll see Pin 11 contains a wire that runs to the relay 2,
and pin 4 of relay 1 contains a wire that runs to relay 2. One of
those pink wires (pin 4) is attached to a diode across the relay and
can be discounted as being part of your supplied schematic. So you
have one common connection between the two relays left, and that is
pin 11 of relay 1.

Attach the black wire to pin 11 of relay 1.
Old October 7th 12, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

[...]

After a closer inspection of your picture there is also a white wire
next to pin 12 of rely 1 that is a possible connection for the black
wire. There isn't enough information to determine which of the two is
correct. Try a magnifying glass and see which of the two connectors
looks like it had the black wire attached to it